Bid Manager - Rail
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Bid Manager looking for a new challenge to join a leading engineering business within the Rail industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for an ambitious individual who will play a significant part in leading and motivating the Bids team. You will be responsible for all aspects of winning bid strategies including gap analysis against current business capability, skill and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead, nurture and adapt the Bids team to support the achievement of the company strategy.
- Market awareness for new opportunities and the compilation of information to support Go No-Go decisions.
- Responsible for the management of responses to customer PQQ, ITT and RFQ’s.
- Agreement of commercial inputs required to make a successful tender submission to the customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for the financial and commercial aspects of each tender.
- Successfully winning new projects in line with mandated position.
- Clear understanding of tender information required for internal approvals and handover to the projects team when won.
- Successful on-time mandate of all tenders, including where parent company mandate is required.
- Tender responses constructed in a highly professional standardised manner.
- Lead the internal approvals and secure mandates prior to tender submission in.
The ideal candidate would come from a rail background however someone from a transferable industry would be considered. Excellent communication skills are essential as this will be demonstrated both in your production of technical reports and your ability building good working relationships across all stakeholders and the team, you will be managing. You must also have vast experience working within a bids and tenders environment.
If you enjoy working in a pressurised environment and adopt an organised and meticulous way of working, this may be the challenge for you.
- Experience of interaction at all levels within the business, customer and supplier base
- Commercial understanding
- Bid process experience
- People management experience
- Good understanding of contract law.
- Highly competent in the English language.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Power Point, Project, Word and Excel.
- Very strong spreadsheet capabilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word Power Point, Project and Excel.
Closing Date: 13th August 2018
Likely Job Titles: Bid Manager, Bids, Senior Bid Manager
- £45,000 +