£55,000 - £61,000 per annum
Are you an exceptional Bid Manager looking to join a growing Multi-disciplined railway engineering company?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for a Bid Manager that will manage all commercial aspects of various rail projects along with identifying risks and provide management information to influence decision making.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a leading supplier of railway infrastructure services, who have a real passion in understanding their customers, seeing things from their point of view, responding to their suggestions and anticipating their needs, while being committed to delivering their promise.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist the management of future tender activity, business development and contractual risks. This importance of this role is to maintain and support the growth and liaise with operations, procurement and engineering department to ensure control cost, value for money and optimize contract revenue in a difficult business climate.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce a profile map of the external market competitors and customers including external price benchmarking and key contact list of customer staff and their interests for all Rail Services business streams
- Production of bid pricing models for all future work
- Carry out risk review sessions for existing contracts
- Identify the need for new internal standard terms and conditions
- Work with the Rails Services teams and legal department to produce a suite of standard terms and conditions
- Negotiating and writing contracts through a good understanding of customer needs and commercial risks
- Identify future bidding opportunities for growth in line with the Rail Services strategic plan
- Assist procurement with development of new sub suppliers for materials
- Compile monthly work won tracker KPI
- Produce monthly Commercial Report
- Establish and maintain rigorous cost controls including early warning systems
- Lead engineering and operations to ensure project is delivered safely, at least cost and to optimal quality
- Deliver contractually agreed cash flow
- Build client relationships and promote effective ways of working with the project and attend contract review meetings with the client
- Negotiate and agree contractual disputes and final accounts
- Lead and resolve low value claims that arise delivery of the contracts
The ideal candidate must have the confidence to liaise effectively with the business delivery teams to understand the project requirements. You must also have understanding of the cost of doing business, risk profiles of contracts and the ability to protect company interests.
- Knowledge and negotiation of railway contracts or similar.
- Experience of commercial management on multidisciplinary projects.
- Proven experience of team leadership and management.
- Bids/tender experience
- £45,000 +