£28,000 - £33,000
Are you a developing Buyer looking for the next step in your career working for a reputable company whose philosophy is to provide total customer satisfaction?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for an ambitious individual to join a leading manufacturing business and play a significant part in the departments and wider organisational growth.
This opportunity has arisen due to company success and expansion. This role will allow someone to have a good, wide range of responsibilities including sourcing of new and existing products, working closely with internal stakeholders and the supply base. You will work both direct and indirect suppliers across a range of commodities. This role will involve travelling internationally as you will be required to source from China & India.
Location(s): Littlehampton with frequent international travel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Dealing with new products & services and issuing quotes
- Negotiate with suppliers to meet quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Establish and maintain supplier base in India & Europe in conformance with guidance from Management
- Handle requests for information, quotations, proposals and bidding processes
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies
- Establish and maintain rapport with all levels of supplier personnel and internal customers
- Work in a team to guarantee supply
The successful applicant will have experience in dealing with MRP/ERP systems, with a strong background in a similar role. It is ideal if you have purchasing experience within an engineering and manufacturing environment. You must also have a great understanding of engineering drawings, material specifications and bill of materials.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
Experience of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Closing Date: 11th June 2018
Likely Job Titles: Supply chain, Buyer, Procurement
- £25,000 - £35,000