Buyer - Temp to Perm
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an exceptional Buyer looking for your new challenge working for a prestigious rail organisation in the East Midlands?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Buyer on a Temp to Perm basis who will provide procurement support to their client.
Our client specialises in engineering work on railway traction and rolling stock to ensure successful overhaul and maintenance solutions for their customers. This would be an ideal opportunity for a Buyer to join their rapidly expanding team to support their mission in becoming the customers first choice in fleet support and delivery. You will have the opportunity to become a fundamental player in the team, as this position focuses on evaluating suitable suppliers, negotiation and evaluations of tenders and quotations, whilst reviewing terms and conditions prior to contract.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the project teams in managing all necessary information/ deliverables for bills of materials, material request, supplier qualification and material budgets
- Ensure product are delivered in a timely manner and quality of the goods received are satisfactory
- Negotiate with suppliers and contractors on price, mode of shipping and delivery time
- Order goods such on a continuing basis in order to maintain inventory levels
- Check invoices for accuracy and authorize where necessary the accounts payable department to issue payment
- Evaluate the performance of the suppliers in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them, including raising supplier complaints or non-conformance reports
- Inventories items in order to determine which ones need o be purchased
- Compare costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment
- Communicates with suppliers keeping, site informed of new products and market conditions and trends
- Confers with and assists officials of all departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications
- Assists in the supervision and training of led experiences personnel
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in tendering services and marterials, with a view to making significant change. You must be CIPS qualified or well on the way to completing the CIPS status.
- 3-5 years Purchasing experience
- CIPS qualified
- Good communicator with strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in MRP systems (IFS) and Stores Inventory
- Experience in Supplier evaluation, supplier management, including non conformances, including audits
- Must have UK driving license and be flexible re. travel when required
Some general Engineering knowledge would be advantageous, but not essential.
Knowledge of working in a Railway /Engineering environment.
Likely Job Titles: Supply chain, Buyer, Procurement
- £25,000 - £35,000