£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Buyer looking for that next step in your career?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for an ambitious individual to join a leading engineering business and play a significant part in the departments and wider organisational growth.
This opportunity has arisen due to company success and expansion. This role will allow someone to have a good, wide range of responsibilities including sourcing of new and existing products, working closely with internal stakeholders and the supply base. You will work both direct and indirect suppliers across a range of commodities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Dealing with new products & services and issuing quotes
- Deal with bid exercises in order to test pricing and sourcing strategies
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Regular reviews with the suppliers
- Raising purchase orders
- Initial delivery schedules in line with project requirements
- Manage the budgets for material projects
- Manage all commercial implications of supplier generated technical queries
- Carry out supplier risk assessments and source change
The successful applicant will be MCIPS qualified with a strong background in a similar role. It is essential that you have extensive purchasing experience within an engineering and manufacturing environment. You must also have a great understanding of engineering drawings, material specifications and bill of materials.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- £25,000 - £35,000