Commissioning Area Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Are you an experienced leader looking to work for a global manufacturing business?
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Commissioning Area Manager for a rapidly expanding rail manufacturer, responsible for providing the UK with its brand new high-speed trains.
This role requires an individual who has a manufacturing background within a low volume, high value environment with a proven track record of management experience. As a Commissioning Area Manager your key focus will be leading a team to ensure preparation and execution is carried out in a safe, effective, efficient environment of train formation, testing and post production works before preparing trains for departure.
Our client has a flexible and adaptive approach to work, employee’s efforts are rewarded through accelerated training schedules, global development and a first-class benefits scheme.
This is an unmissable opportunity for an individual who is looking to take ownership and become creative in the pursuit of excellence, for the fastest growing rail business in the world.
This position is based in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham within a new state of the art facility.
Role and Responsibility
- Reporting to the Head of Production on all matters concerning train commissioning, ensuring all activities are conducted in line with the project programme.
- Leading, defining and constantly improving the commissioning process strategy
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to several functions including test engineering, post production execution teams and project test execution teams.
- As the business bid for new projects, the Commissioning Area Manager will:
- Evolve an integrated manufacturing approach whilst collaborating with production
- Develop a commissioning strategy to deliver completed trains effectively
- Re-design the commissioning facility layout
- Develop commissioning process cost targets
- Ensure product quality and flow is optimised whilst working closely with the production team
- Ensure work instructions, risk assessments and safe systems of work for all commissioning activity are in place
- Manage the resolution of any technical issues prior to customer handover
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who has demonstrable leadership qualities, managing a large team within a heavy production environment. You will take into account the organisation’s values and be able to fulfil and instil a continuous improvement approach within your team.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience within a low volume, high value manufacturing environment
- Degree qualified in a relevant Manufacturing, Engineering or equivalent level experience
- Strong strategic and technical leadership skills- demonstrated ability to design and drive manufacturing process strategy at a senior level whilst driving continuous experience
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing process improvement tools, e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record in leading a health and safety culture in a factory/test/depot environment (or equivalent)
- SAP knowledge
- Six Sigma certified
- Closing Date: Friday 30th March
- Newton Aycliffe
- £45,000 +