Design Engineer (Somerset)
£190 - £225 per day
Are you an experienced Design Engineer with an electrical or mechanical background looking to be part of a project that could revolutionise the rail industry as we know it?
Ford & Stanley – The Railway Specialists are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer with an Electro/mechanical bias with proven experience in 3D CAD within a heavy industry. Working with the UK’s market leader in electrification, this project will research and develop a new product which has the potential to change the British rail systems as we know it. With the hunger for a greener society, this project holds great importance for a more environmentally friendly Railway.
Role and Responsibilities
The Design Engineer's role will require them to develop designs using reasoned and intuitive judgement, creation of 3D drawings and technical documentation. Design engineering input is required at any stage of a project life cycle from tender / conception through specification, design, manufacture, test and commissioning, operations and maintenance.
- Create technical design solutions to meet the customer’s needs. Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within a schedule.
- Manage all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
- Collaborating and liaising with designers and production to identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented. Review the output for each design and test work packages to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Interpretation and implementation of client / customer specifications to enable successful technical delivery of project.
- Lead the design and associated quality gate reviews for engineering projects within the business management system.
- Proficient in 3D CAD using Solidworks.
- History of compliance with safety standards.
- Experience working as a design engineer in a heavy industry / manufacturing environment.
- Degree level education or long-term experience.
Likely Job Titles: Design Engineer, 3D CAD Engineer, CAD Design, Draughtsman