Electrical Engineer (Derby)
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an Electrical Engineer to work for one of the leading Rolling Stock consultancies in Europe.
Due to a number of high profile project wins, our client is seeking to expand and grow their Electrical Engineering team. This opportunity calls for an experienced individual who is technically biased within electrical systems to manage and lead on individual projects, working with customers to design and improve specific work packages.
In return, you will be fully supported with continuous development programmes and training to improve your standing as an engineer. In addition, there will be flexible working opportunities as well as an extremely competitive remuneration package.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for excellence in technical delivery to projects, placing the organisation in the position of preferred supplier to existing customers and open opportunities with new customers
- Contribute to the development of effective technical relationships with existing and new customers and supply chain partners
- Responsible for application of a rigorous approach to estimating during the bidding process resulting in accurate and achievable project budgets and high quality competitive bids
- Contribute to a teamwork culture within a team of Electrical Engineers ensuring efficient and effective communication
- Responsible for delivery of work packages agreed with other Engineering and Project teams to time, cost and quality
- To provide technical support, advice and guidance to other team members
- To take responsibility for promoting the company values and contribute to the strategic aims of the business
The ideal candidate would hold demonstrable experience within electrical systems in an engineering sector. You will be a self-motivated individual who is capable of working under pressure both autonomously and as part of a team. Your approachable and pro-active nature ensures you will be a valued team member who will achieve successful results for yourself and the good of the business.
- Graduate Engineer or equivalent experience
- Electrical systems integration design including significant vehicle modifications Electrical component specification and system design
- Provision of Electrical feasibility studies, including component replacement Failure investigation, fault finding, analysis and rectification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the railway industry, legislation and approvals processes Design pack production – modification procedures, risk assessments, rating
- Production, review and approval of procurement specifications
- Project and work package control to time, cost and quality constraints
- Significant experience of working on multi-disciplined complex engineering projects Proven record of building effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Production, review and approval of Project cost estimating
- £45,000 +