Electrical Systems Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Are you looking for the opportunity to become an Electrical Systems Engineer working for one of the largest rail businesses in the world? Our client are the leaders in creating and developing concepts that make transportation more efficient, due to the high demand and increasing need for innovation and improvements.
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an Electrical Systems Engineer who will be heavily involved in leading a key ETCS project within a rolling stock/freight train environment.
The Electrical Systems Engineer role is a key role within the project environment, with involvement in a wide range of project activities throughout the whole project lifecycle. This role provides the opportunity to travel both in the UK and overseas, ensuring an international flavour to your knowledge base and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry. The role requires someone possessing a wide knowledge of the industry especially in regard to train control systems.
- Capable of initiating and managing detailed electrical systems related analysis of extensive, multi-layered systems
- Will work closely with colleagues in the bids & tendering team, the engineering team and project groups to ensure that the project electrical systems engineering solutions meets our customers needs now, and in the future
- Will work closely with the on-board train fitment design team to ensure all project related electrical system engineering interfaces are understood and implemented accordingly
- Will take an active role in liaison with and supervision of third party design companies to ensure projects are progressed to an agreed programme
- Performs evaluation of electrical engineering issues and constraints, defining cross engineering, and sub-contract support needed to provide solutions to these major engineering challenges
- Provide strategy and guidance on EMC related installation issues
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals
- Be a key player within the project organization
- Alongside the Senior Systems Integration Manager will be responsible for electrical systems engineering strategy across the whole lifecycle from tendering through into project delivery
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- In depth practical knowledge and experience of implementing and interfacing to train control systems
- Ability to understand and capture electrical system engineering requirements relating to the subsystem
- Ability to design circuitry and specify electrical components required to facilitate the interface between systems
- Awareness of depot procedures and site safety
Likely Job Titles
Electrical Systems Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Systems Engineer
- £45,000 +