Electronics Engineer (Loughborough)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an Electrical Systems Engineer for a market leading company that is looking for the chance to work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects both UK and internationally.
Due to continued growth, our client is looking to strengthen their established rolling stock team to support the delivery of existing and new projects. The role we are seeking to fill is that of an Electrical Systems Engineer to support the delivery of rolling stock projects.
You will be working with team to deliver complex projects that focus on electronic power and control system solutions for rail vehicle auxiliary power generation and traction systems. In this role you will be designing and validating new electronics hardware & software and providing your technical knowledge to the commissioning phase.
This role will give you excellent development opportunities and due to the size of the company there will be opportunities to work on a number of interesting and challenging project both UK based and international.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generating and maintaining design specifications.
- Designing analogue & digital electronic cards for use in a rail environment.
- Designing Power electronics for high power / voltage applications.
- Verifying designs to ensure necessary performance requirements are met.
- Validating designs through testing.
The ideal candidate would have a background in rail electrical projects, but I would be keen to speak to a candidate who comes from transferable industries. You will have at least 5 years’ industry experience and are looking to utilise this knowledge for a company who are market leaders in their field.
- Degree qualified or demonstrable relevant experience in a field to electronics engineering
- Experience designing and testing analogue circuitry.
- Knowledge of power electronics circuits and components.
- The ability to provide clear, concise and accurate technical reports.
- Experience with FPGA devises and VHDL.
- Experience with C/C++ or similar
- Knowledge of design for EMC compliance.
Closing Date: 8th June 2018