Field Service Engineer
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Field Service Engineer for an industry leading, forward-thinking technology company.
This position will see you travelling around the Northampton area guaranteeing the smooth running and availability of our Clients CAD & CAM software solutions at their Customers sites. To ensure the best level of performance and reliability on the Clients products, the Field Service Engineer will make on site interventions to support their Customers in an effective and conscientious way and ensure all preventative maintenance is completed according to their Customers SLA’s.
- Install and upgrade the Clients CAD/CAM equipment and software.
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance on all hardware products.
- Provide technical diagnostics and troubleshooting capabilities on all the Clients CAD and CAM products to guarantee the quickest and optimum resolution.
- Provide technical diagnostics and troubleshooting capabilities on PC’s, including windows operating systems and PC hardware.
- Ensure work undertaken is completed to the highest possible standard and quality to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Certify that problems are solved effectively and complete preventive maintenance according to Customer SLA’s.
- Provide training for Customers on operation and maintenance of equipment to ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Effectively debrief service calls and ensure all paperwork and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the escalation process for every issue which does not have an immediate resolution.
- Manage your own allocated accounts to guarantee complete Customer satisfaction.
Location: This role is field based and covers Northampton, Rugby, Luton and surrounding areas.
You will come from a strong mechanical engineering background with knowledge of electrical engineering principles. This will be a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised individual who is customer focused and enjoys a varied work day.
- UK valid Driving License
- Minimum BTEC national certificate or ONC/OND (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering
- Good electrical, electronics and IT knowledge
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM equipment
- Excellent CAD/CAM software knowledge
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Sound ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, electronic and electrical systems
- Skills to rebuild and install windows software and troubleshoot software and PC faults
- Happy to travel to their training headquarters in France when required
- Overnight stays may occasionally be required
- Laser CAM knowledge
- Background in Fashion/Furniture or Technical Textile industries
Closing date: Friday 18th May
- £25,000 - £35,000