Fleet Project Manager
£50,000 per annum plus travel benefits
Are you an experienced Project Manager who wants to be involved in a range of projects for one of the biggest train operators in the UK?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Fleet Project Manager to support and manage a number of high profile projects from cradle to grave.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the consistent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is growing at a rapid rate.
Working within the projects team the successful candidate will be given the chance to be fully integrated into a team that works at the fore-front of rail engineering, giving them the chance to be involved and lead the full project lifecycle, with exposure to both the commercial and technical aspects of the project.
Our client is a leading train operator who is establishing themselves further as one the UK’s biggest and most well-known rail organisations. This opportunity will provide you with scope for progression and hands on learning to develop your skillset with project management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and deliver projects at all stages of the project lifecycle including technical, rolling stock and non-technical projects
- Project provide support within the Engineering Directorate. Initiate projects and working parties to from full turnkey solutions that are practical in delivery and are the most efficient method to complete tasks for colleagues
- To always ensure compliance with local, company and industry safety procedures and regulations including local operating and depot protection procedures
- Support all areas of the management function within the depot and surrounding depots as appropriate
- Develop recommendations and advice based upon research into project content. Manage projects with a ‘hands-on’ approach and with a ‘can-do’ attitude including an ability to work independently and to work within teams. Demonstrate a high degree of problem solving and data gathering to offer robust business solutions
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures in respect of the Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Be competent around the fleet of vehicles that the company operate and also aware of the facilities and environment that the company are present within
- Make recommendations to management and technical staff that lead to the improvement of technical documentation and assets, tooling or other work practices that would lead to improved productivity/efficiency, greater safety or higher fleet reliability
- Where required due to workload carry out other tasks as directed where competent to do so
Our client is seeking a qualified Project Manager with a background in rail who is seeking their next step in their rail career. Your tenacious and organised background will ensure you are consistently delivering projects to a high standard.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a technical, mechanical or electrical discipline
- Previous experience of project management with the rail sector is essential. Experience of fleet and rolling stock projects is desirable.
- APM or PRINCE2 Qualification
23rd March 2018
Likely Job Titles: Project Manager, Programme Manager, Delivery Manager, Fleet Manager
- £45,000 +