French Speaking Support Engineer
£20,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you a French speaking Mechanical/Electrical Engineer? looking to join a high achieving engineering organisation, that is at the forefront of the digital Rail movement, that last year had their best financial year to date due to the demand for their products
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking to recruit a French Speaking Technical Support Engineer for their client based in burton on Trent. My client is happy to consider both graduates & candidates at a later stage in their career
Role & Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on my clients installed detector base in France & Belgium and other locations as required.
- Perform timely non-routine maintenance and in-depth troubleshooting of system faults, both on-site and via remote connection where possible.
- Actively monitor the system’s health and performance, and report issues appropriately both internally and to the customers to permit timely rectification.
- Take a leading role in the planning of all necessary site visits and rectification action plans directly with the customers.
- Develop good working relationships with customers and leverage this to assist in developing repeat future business.
- Help establish, improve and maintain quality control processes and systems and documentation for European and Global operations.
- Provide direct technical answers and recommendations to customers.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Fluency in both spoken and written English & French
- Good management, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to planning, implementing, following and enforcing quality processes
- Competency in the use of common mechanical and electrical discipline hand tools
- Good documentation skills
- The ability to work under pressures of weekly, monthly and project deadlines
- The willingness to work extended hours and on weekends/holidays as required
- An enthusiastic attitude to hard work, learning new skills, and going above and beyond to achieve customer satisfaction
- Competency in the following software and computing disciplines are desirable
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- SQL, Java, C, MATLAB programming languages
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of server systems
- Technical knowledge of system architecture and functionality
- Competency in system output and data interpretation
- Competency in the installation, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of software, electrical and mechanical systems
- £35,000 - £45,000