Head of PMO
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum plus competitive benefits package
Opportunity for a PMO expert to join a rail franchise that sees excellence in project management process and stakeholder management as the key to keeping promises made for the delivery of a major schedule of engineering works in the West Midlands area.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Head of PMO who will support a key director within our client with regards to preparation for executive level board meetings business review group meetings and programme board meetings, through the production of reports and verbal updates and ensure the PMO is managed by being correctly resourced and directed.
There will also be a level of responsibility when it comes to the committed obligations that our client has put forward to deliver against, which have been pivotal in them being awarded a rail franchise for the next 10 years. You will work across multiple functions, including improvements of the infrastructure across the network, station and depot upgrades, and any enhancements of the fleet of vehicles that are currently utilised in this location.
You will also be a key point of contact with various interfaces, including but not limited to, external bodies such as TfL, DfT, HS2 and Network Rail, as well reporting into several key executives with our client and managing and supporting wider teams across various disciplines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing the PMO function by resourcing appropriately, providing leadership to staff members and providing guidance to the wider company on project governance processes
- Supporting a key director within our client by regular updates and reporting
- Providing leadership at Programme Board meetings through updates on project status, advice on project mandates
- Determine, monitor and review all project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and financial risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive periodic reporting
- Ensure discipline, rigour and adherence throughout the programme/project life cycle in all activity, acting as an escalation point for critical risk and issues
- Support the business development teams in exploring new opportunities for growth and nurturing existing customer relationships to improve retention
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to support programme/project managers in correctly allocating resources to deliver programmes/projects
- Produce regular, accurate reports for the Board, Exec team, Business Review Group and Programme Board
- Deputise for the Transition & Projects Director at stakeholder and leadership events
- Experience of leading and delivering complex projects involving multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of leading teams of project managers
- Strong Appreciation of importance of stakeholder engagement, and requisite inter-personal skills to engage with stakeholders
- Strong appreciation of importance of customer experience
- Strong ability to produce clear and concise reports
- Professional Programme and Project management Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Closing Date: 1st July 2018
- £45,000 +