IT Systems Engineer
£30,000 - £37,000 per annum
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a leading provider of software products for signalling and operations and who are at the forefront of the digitalisation of the UK rail network? You will be responsible for the analysis, diagnosis, repair and routine maintenance of our client’s products, both remotely and at the customer’s site.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in technical support engineering in a safety critical environment. The ideal candidate will be contributing towards 24/7 maintenance cover to ensure the smooth running of the rail network. Is this person you?
Role and Responsibilities
- Receiving calls from the customer
- Log and categorise the type of issue being reported
- Triage issues from users
- Investigate, assign and/or fix reported faults on HICSE products following the warranty and support processes
- Communicating continuous improvement ideas
- Compliance with quality procedures, processes and guidelines
- Installation and commissioning support
- Performing preventative maintenance activities
- Assembling components to meet specifications
- Installing and configuring products
- Completion of supporting documents
- Interpreting technical specifications and drawings
- Monitoring the use of test equipment, inspecting products and performing equipment testing
- Track tickets to resolution, providing updates and escalation where required
We are looking for an individual who has previous experience working in a time critical environment who understands the need to be flexible to ensure 24/7 cover is carried out to ensure minimal disruption to the rail service. Previous experience using fault diagnostic tools to provide preventative and proactive maintenance response is essential. A background in network and communications is key to ensure the understanding of this critical role.
- Hands on experience in a Windows support environment including PC hardware, device drivers, networking and software installation
- Previous experience using diagnostic tools, preferably Zabbix
- Experience in updating configurations
- Experience in a rail background or a transferable safety critical environment
- Experience in 1st/2nd line support role
- Experienced in a network support role
Hands on experience in a Linux support environment including PC hardware, device drivers, networking and software installation.
Experience with remote software maintenance
- £35,000 - £45,000