Lead Electronic Engineer (Aerospace)
Are you an Experience Electronic Engineering within the Aerospace Industry? Looking for the opportunity to utilize your skills and knowledge to become a Lead Engineer within a Global engineering organisation?
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Experts are looking to recruit a Lead Electronics Engineer on a Contract basis.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for leading engineering development projects, responsible for technical and process compliance, recurring and non-recurring costs, adherence to agreed program and project milestones throughout the project life cycle.
- Leading a multidisciplinary team of engineers across engineering disciplines as appropriate to the program to deliver customer expectations.
- Responsible for the technical definition of the System/Product:
- Project Management and reporting
- Manage definition of Statements Of Work (SoWs) for sub-contract work
- Responsible for the approval of sub-contractor time-sheets within the project team
- Process Accountability
- Ensure project considers Design to Industrialisation (D2I) and Design For Manufacture (DFM)
- Delivering project(s) to budget and schedule
- Delivery of products to Safran process which are fit for purpose and compliant with requirements
- Provision of status reporting and updates to both internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure Product / System configuration is managed and maintained
- Manage risk and associated mitigation activities
- Compiling and collating documentation for Safety of Flight/Certification
Required Skills (Technical Competency)
- A Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience / combined education
- 7+ Years within the Aerospace Industry
- Experience of the Verification & Validation (V&V) development cycle
- An understanding of product development process including the interfaces between engineering disciplines, and between Engineering and other teams such as Test Equipment, Operations, Business Development, etc.
- Planning & risk mitigation ability
- Delegation & supervision ability
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent customer facing skills
- An understanding of product design and development costs (Non-Recurring Costs)
- Must be able to Lead people both onsite and offsite (in an international setting)
- Competent with IT software tools – MS Office etc
- Comfortable with presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- Able to coach junior team members
- Must be organised and have excellent time & project management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative