Lead Planning Engineer
£45 - £55 per hour
Are you a Lead Planning Engineer who has experience of using the planning software (Primavera P6) within a manufacturing or production engineering environment, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6 month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12 month period but should extend beyond that.
- Understanding of project status, customer needs and priorities and the ability to obtain project information from various sources
- Experience in the application of earned value, critical paths, scenario planning and risk analysis techniques
- Good analytical skills, able to identify major issues, risks and opportunities. Able to anticipate threats to the programme and provide early warning, enabling preventative action.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant tools and processes (change control, risk management, project management etc.)
- Understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators.
- Team player, able to deal with people from different disciplines at all levels.
- Good written and spoken communication skills and the ability to present management information effectively in a variety of formats
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Experience on MS Project, MS office applications and Primavera P6.