M & E Team Manager
£38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead a team of maintenance engineers, working in a fast-paced railway network environment whilst working for a well-known operator in the North West of England?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Mechanical & Electrical Team Manager for one of our rail clients in Manchester.
Reporting into the Engineering Maintenance Manager you will become a key member of the maintenance teams across the various disciplines, which include OHLE, rolling stock, substations, P-Way and Civils.
The M&E Team Manager will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance planning of the upkeep of electrical assets across the network and to manage a small team of engineers, whilst still playing a “hands on” role along the way.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertake day to day management duties for a team of M&E technicians
- Carry out employee appraisals
- Carry out an element of training to both M&E and other staff including contractors where training is deemed to be the responsibility of the Electrical Engineer
- Complete M&E maintenance and fault analysis
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all aspects of work on behalf of the Electrical Section and any sub-contractors utilised for that purpose
- Produce Permits to Work, Switching Programmes, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Undertake testing of M&E installations
- Set up new procedures and revised/new maintenance routines
- Produce maintenance reports
- Carry out investigations as and when required
- Report on incidents and failures
- Be a time served and qualified technician
- Experience of maintenance planning
- Experience of managing small teams
- Proactive with a strong ability to adapt and react quickly
- The ability to take initiative
- PTS, PIC, PICOP
- Understand isolation and SSOW planning
- Experience writing switching programmes
- A good commercial knowledge
- Rail industry experience
15th June 2018
- £35,000 - £45,000