Mechanical Design Engineer (Derby)
£30 - £40 - per hour (dependent on experience)
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer looking for your next contract position?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to provide support on a major rolling Stock Overhaul project. Our Client are working on a large project that could be jeopardised should these roles remain open. They are currently going through a large period of growth, with the likelihood of this contract continuing past 12 months.
This role provides a challenging, varied workload allowing the ideal candidate to demonstrate their technical capability in a Mechanical Design setting. You will have the chance to work closely on one of the Industry’s large modification projects.
6 - 12 month contract length with potential for extension past 2 years.
Location(s): The position is based in Derby.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create various technical drawings using Solidedge
- Produce technical specifications to define the performance of a product / component
- Develop test documentation to validate component or installation
- Supporting production through Production Query process
- Produce technical reports to capture engineering issues / findings
- Undertake and/or participate in reverse engineering exercises
The Ideal candidate will come from a design background with experience working in mechanical design within Rolling Stock, aviation or a similar industry.
- 3D Design capabilities using Solidedge
- Experience in creating technical specifications
- Experience writing test documentation
- Experience in a transport industry
Rolling stock experience would be advantageous
Likely Job Titles: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Designer
I look forward to reviewing your application.