Mechanical Engineer (Doncaster)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working closely with a leading Rail Engineering company who complete rolling stock repair and overhaul work at their historic site in Doncaster. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer who will provide engineering support for the refurbishment and maintenance of rolling stock projects.
This role provides a challenging, varied workload allowing the ideal candidate to demonstrate their technical capability in an Engineering setting. You will have the chance to work closely on some of the most high-profile projects in the industry ensuring successful project delivery.
Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce technical specifications to define the performance of a product / component
- Produce risk assessments / method statements for offsite work
- Develop test documentation to validate component or installation
- Supporting production through Production Query process
- Produce technical reports to capture engineering issues / findings
- Support engineering development in terms of cost, safety, cost, quality and delivery
The ideal candidate is a degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with 3 or more years’ experience in Rail or a transferable Industry.
- Degree qualified (minimum 3 years experience required)
- Experience of providing engineering solutions to multi-faceted integration design projects
- Experience in producing quantified Risk Assessments
- Produced and approved procurement specifications
- A proven record of building relationships with both customers and suppliers
- Produced accurate cost estimates and project proposals
- Experienced in the technical review, approvals and final sign off all aspects of project documentation including modification procedures, technical design packs and risk assessments
- You must be a self-motivated team player who is approachable, pro-active and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience
- Experience with new build invitation to tender (ITT) Preparation and Response.
- Experience in supporting the refranchising market
Closing Date: Friday 20th July
- £35,000 - £45,000