£30 - £40 per hour (negotiable)
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who has experience working on the maintenance, overhaul and repair of Rolling Stock?
One of the UK’s largest Rolling Stock Overhaul businesses is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work in their specialist freight division.
Work will include:
- The production of technical instructions for wagon maintenance and repair,
- Onsite and offsite production support for any engineering issues
- Liaising with customers on technical issues, reverse engineering components where original design information is unavailable
- Working with a variety of business stakeholders to understand any issues that arise and supporting in the delivery of solutions.
- This is a 6 month contract, 40 hours per week reporting into the lead Freight Engineer, working on some interesting and challenging Freight Wagon/ locomotive projects.
This is an interesting contract and requires individuals with a minimum 5 years rail rolling stock engineering experience. You should have worked on multiple projects, bringing with you transferable knowledge which will enable you to think effectively when faced with unfamiliar problems.