Mechanical or Electrical Rolling Stock Engineer
£35,000 - £60,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Are you looking for a challenging new role with scope for career progression and the chance to work on some of the biggest projects in the rail industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting experienced mechanical and electrical engineers to work in the rolling stock sector for a leading Derby/London based consultancy specialising in niche manufacturing of high performance products.
Due to their continued growth, our Client is looking to strengthen its rolling stock expertise to support the delivery of new and existing projects. They are looking to recruit Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to drive the delivery of their projects from their Derby site.
This is excellent opportunity for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers of all levels, who wish to excel their career in an industry leading consultancy, that is known for its flexible and supportive culture, and which champions and drives the need for career development.
Location(s): Derby or London.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
- As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
- Support the management of projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Director when required. Ensure that the work scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored and managed.
- Engage with clients and show energy and passion for excellence.
- Make sure that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed.
- Initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that invoicing targets are met. Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support bidding, winning and delivery of projects.
- Keep up to date with technical developments within the industry.
- Create world class reports.
- Add value to the Rail Industry by reducing costs and improving safety and reliability.
The ideal candidate would have operational railway technical and general management, preferably in rolling stock engineering commercial and related fields.
Your knowledge of the rail industry organisation and commercial awareness will make you an asset when client facing to deliver projects and assignments on time and to budget.
- A background working in a high integrity transportation industry, including aerospace, automotive and nuclear.
- Engineering qualification, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment and/ or delivering on engineering design projects in the field of passenger or freight rolling stock. Candidates with similar experience, and who have the competencies to cross train will be considered.
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required.
Closing Date: Friday 1st June
- £35,000 - £45,000