Project Accountant (Contract)
£200 - £265 per day
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of our UK based rail clients who are the leading provider of software products for rail operations and signalling. We are searching for a capable Project Accountant who wants to contribute to a high profile organisation with ambitions to grow and improve. The position of Project Accountant – Contract / Interim will sit between the finance and projects teams in order to provide a “single source of truth” in relation to an extremely high profile rail project, this will be done by tracking, reporting and analysing financial results and implications.
- Drilling down, analyzing and providing feedback to management on Projects
- Maintaining and validating monthly Project Review Sheets
- Coordinating and summarizing the activities of cost control, planning and scheduling for assigned Projects
- Completion of 4 weekly client reporting
- Completion of 4 weekly ‘Application For Payments’
- Supporting Network Rail audits
- Internal project forecast support
- Ad hoc reporting
- Supporting the Project to help them understand and agree costs and Change Notices
Successful candidates will have experience in Project Accounting positions within complex, project driven organisations, have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as change management experience and strong excel skills. You should be educated to a minimum of AAT level and show a high level of political and commercial awareness.
Areas of excel you should be comfortable with include the following
- Pivot tables
- Check digits (cross checking in Excel to ensure accuracy)