Project Engineer (Birmingham)
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Are you a Project Engineer with a background in Civil or Construction engineering, looking for the opportunity to play a pivotal part in a company's success as it attempts to make a direct impact on the West-Midlands rail infrastructure?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for a Project Engineer to join a rapidly growing rail consultancy with the aim to oversee, manage and help grow a new sector of the business. As a leading Project Management consultancy for Rail infrastructure, my client now seeks a well equipped individual able to support the start up of their own design team. Aiming to provide all services in house, this is an excellent opportunity for the individual to showcase their technical prowess and management skills.
Location(s): Central Birmingham, UK
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the Engineering Director in the delivery of the Engineering Action Plan to help develop and grow an engineering team to support the growth objectives of the Engineering division.
- Help develop robust Engineering Assurance Process for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that pro-cess accord with best practice, Standards and any applicable regulations.
- Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Help grow a Design Delivery team to enable the delivery of an in-house design team for the purposes of Design Development
- Undertake staff appraisals for engineering staff within his / her team and one to one reviews on a regular basis identify staff training and development requirements.
- Act as Delegated Engineer when necessary to support the development of other engineers.
- Provide input and advice into the training programme for all engineering staff to help ensure that the engineering team have the expertise required to deliver the support to projects.
- Provide ongoing support and set up support mechanisms for Project Engineers to ensure they continue to develop and improve the quality of delivery of projects.
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process Quality Management System to ensure that the best possible services are provided to customers; and that customer feed-back informs the ongoing development of the business.
- Report to the Engineering Director on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects, make recommendations and propose decisions where required on any aspect of project delivery; attend the Engineering Team meeting as required.
- Manage the effective development and management of staff and sub-consultants and sup-pliers to meet all company standards will be required.
- Work with the Project Manager to establish an effective relationship, supporting effective de-livery, performance measurement and management of change. This will also encompass where appropriate, communications with outside bodies whilst building a positive reputation within the industry.
- Lead and inspire the engineering team to maintain full engagement in meeting business and project objectives.
- Act upon and discharge of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as required.
- Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management.
- Must be a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership or have desire to become Chartered.
- Knowledge of Design principles in a relevant engineering sector.
- Experience of Mentoring junior members.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Reporting and bid writing experience.
Likely Job Titles: Project Engineer, Civil Engineer, Senior Engineer, Structural Engineer, Construction Engineer, Design Engineer
Closing Date: Friday 27th July
- £45,000 +