Project Engineer (Chard)
£25,000 - £50,000
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with an electrical or mechanical background looking to be part of a project that could revolutionise the rail industry as we know it?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently looking to recruit a project engineer with an Electro/Mechanical bias with proven experience in delivering projects. Working with the UK's market leader for electrification, this project will research a new product which has the potential to change the British rail systems as we know it. With the hunger for a greener society, this project holds great importance for a more environmentally friendly Railway.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the project engineer is to liaise between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. The project engineer is also the primary technical point of contact for the consumer. Project engineering input is required at any stage of a project life cycle from tender/conception through specification, design, manufacture, test and commissioning, operations and maintenance.
- Responsible engineer for specific contracts and thus manage engineering aspects of projects or elements of projects through to completion within engineering. Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within a schedule
- Manage all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
- Collaborating and liaising with designers and production to identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented. Review the output for each design and test work packages to ensure accuracy and thoroughness
- Interpretation and implementation of client/customer specifications to enable successful technical delivery of project
- Lead the design and associated quality gate reviews for engineering projects within the business management system
- Maintain a positive rapport with the clients and customers in relation to the projects you are responsible for
- Proven history in delivering projects
- History of compliance with safety standards
- Experience interpreting contracts and delivering to projects
- Degree level education or long term experience
Likely Job Titles: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Project Lead, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
- £45,000 +