Project Engineer - Design
£25 - £33 per hour
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with an electrical and mechanical background looking to be part of a project that could revolutionise the rail industry as we know it?
Ford & Stanley – The Railway Specialists are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer with a Design focus with proven experience in Solidworks and Auto CAD within a heavy industry. Working with the UK’s market leader in electrification, this project will research and develop a new product which has the potential to change the British rail systems as we know it. With the hunger for a greener society, this project holds great importance for a more environmentally friendly Railway.
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Design Engineer's role will require them to develop designs using reasoned and intuitive judgement, creation of 3D drawings and technical documentation. This individuals input is required at all stage of the project life cycle from tender / conception through specification, design, manufacture, test and commissioning, operations and maintenance. This contract is likely to last for 2-2.5 years due to agreed funding.
- Responsible for assisting with the identification of appropriate resources to ensure the delivery of work packages is achieved in a timely manner to the highest quality.
- Delivery of all technical aspects of major projects in accordance with the agreed project plan.
- Communicate both efficiently and effectively whilst championing a team work culture.
- Responsible to ensure a consistent approach to bidding and estimating is applied to achieve accurate and realistic project budgets.
- Lead design review meetings with customers both internally and externally.
- Monitor the delivery or work packages to ensure that the processes are being consistently applied within the company system.
- Proficient in Auto CAD and Solidworks.
- History of compliance with safety standards.
- Experience working as a project engineer in a heavy industry / manufacturing environment.
- Experience working as a design engineer in a heavy industry/ manufacturing environment.
- Degree level education or long-term experience.
Closing Date: Friday 8th June
Likely Job Titles: Project Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Design Engineer.