£40,000 per annum plus benefits
Ford & Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within manufacturing recruitment are working in partnership with a prestigious automotive component manufacturer.
Due to continued growth the company have a unique multi site presence in the UK - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential. As they are a multi site organization candidates residing in cities such as Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Redditch, Leamington Spa etc etc will find commuting a comfortable proposition.
- Coordinate all project elements including planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases ensuring that it is managed within budget and tracked against project timing plan as well as any other relevant KPIs for the project.
- Work closely with the Customer to allow you to react quickly and track any changes in specification, while being present at customer premises/meetings to provide reports/project progress in line with APQP requirements.
- Manage Customer and internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and participate in Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes
- Define the customer specification into either a departmental action or sub-supplier order and manage the project requirements and resources (including sourcing sub-contract elements) around these while tracking progress through and being able to present updates where required.
- Produce deliverables on-time to customer requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary
- Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support customer or colleagues and assist design verification and sign off reporting.
- Produce clear, focused and understandable explanations for change requests (PPCN) and accurately cost any change in specification.
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions and performing root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analyse (PFMEA), quality history reviews, robustness studies, etc.
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Contribute/undertake to continuous improvement activities, both in terms of the business and personally (training & development as well as staying up to date with Engineering trends and industry news).
Qualifications/Training, Knowledge & Skills Required for Role
- Direct Engineering experience essential (Mechanical, electrical), inc ability to understand core Engineering principles, understanding technical drawings and requirements from legislation and relevant standards.
- 3 years + experience in automotive (OEM) desirable
- Strong Customer Service skills; ability to make and maintain good relationships with customers at various levels of seniority.
- Good Team working skills; able to get on with immediate colleagues as well as working collaboratively with other departments, suppliers and other service providers
- Good organisational skills; able to work to deadlines while controlling costs and meeting KPI requirements
- Good communication skills; verbal and written with customers and colleagues as well as presentation skills to internal and external groups.
- Project Management experience (across different groups and locations) at Tier one level
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- £35,000 - £45,000