Project Manager (Derby)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Project Manager to work for one of the leading Rolling Stock consultancies in Europe.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the recent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate.
Working within the projects team the successful candidate will be given the chance to be fully integrated into a team that works at the fore-front of rail engineering, giving them the chance to be involved and lead the full project lifecycle.
Our client works with a wide range of high profile customers within rail, so you will consistently be given the opportunity to work on industry leading projects and have a real contribution to this generation of rail.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring excellence in project delivery is achieved, ensuring the company’s reputation is upheld with both existing companies and new opportunities
- Develop commercial relationships with customers and supply chain partners
- Thorough approach to estimating during the bidding process resulting in accurate and achievable project budgets and high quality competitive bids
- Work effectively across the Engineering and Project Management teams, ensuring efficient and effective communication
- Managing the delivery of work packages to time, cost and quality
- Reporting project process using PRINCE2 methodology to the Head of Engineering
- Create innovative ways to deliver products and services to customers in order to deliver profitable business growth
- Provide advice and guidance on internal project management processes and principles
- Maintain high levels of customer service
- Contribute to achieving forecasted sales by ensuring projects are delivered on time, to quality and budget
- Ensure all project stages and work packages are effectively planned and managed
The ideal candidate will be an existing Project Manager from any heavy engineering background with the motivation and determination to succeed and deliver ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved to the highest standard.
- Project Management experience within any heavy engineering sector
- Previous experience building relationships with customers and suppliers
- Experience directly leading teams of resources in delivering projects
- Experience of financial reporting
- Highly motivated individual who is proactive, organised and able to perform under pressure
- Managing full life-cycle of projects
- PRINCE 2 Qualification
- Experience in delivering multi-faceted projects and compiling proposal documents
- Process development
- £45,000 +