Project Manager (Rail Consultancy)
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus pension, training, employee share
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for the opportunity to play a pivotal part in a company's success as it continues to make a vast impact on Rail Infrastructure projects in the West-Midlands?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for a Project Manager to join a rapidly growing rail consultancy looking to become a major player in the West-Midlands. Offering the successful candidate full autonomy over a mix of rail, highways, civil and commercial projects, with high profile clients. This is an exceptional chance for an experienced Project Manager to showcase their abilities by driving the company into the limelight, as a key contributor in Rail infrastructure. The consultancy has already made its mark in the West-Midlands and now seek extremely driven members to take it to the next level and help it become a household name in the industry
Location(s): West Midlands, Birmingham, UK
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, monitor design, tender and supervise the implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients™s satisfaction, delivering the projects to time, cost and quality.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the project. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns. Ensure progress is communicated regularly with Clients and that improvement plans are developed and implemented as necessary to benefit the Project.
- Manage and pro-actively mitigate risks and obstacles to contractual performance and total project delivery, including obtaining specialist 3rd party support where necessary.
- To lead and direct the project team throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure regular effective communication with clients and within the project team.
- Develop, complete and keep up to date Project plans for health, safety, quality and environment. Instigate and manage specific risk assessments as required by the company H&S Policy and specific project requirements.
- Ensure that projects comply fully with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI and the CDM Regulations.
- Monitor work progress and compliance to specifications and standards and collate documentation and records.
- Ensure project costs are regularly reviewed and invoices are raised on a regular basis.
- Attend Project and Management review meetings.
- Some involvement in wider activities may be required as part of the role including; preparing fee estimates, resourcing the programmes, identifying and managing risk, undertaking site visits, managing Health & Safety paperwork and assisting in tender processes.
- Possess a construction or other technical related degree, preferably in engineering, or a minimum of HNC in a construction related discipline e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an established project management environment.
- Proven experience in delivering projects to the desired outcomes and within quality, time and costs limits.
- Preparation of project related documents e.g. reports, instructions, specifications, tenders etc.
- Project and budget management experience.
- Broad experience of multi-disciplinary projects e.g.: new stations, footbridges, freight depots, car parks, feasibility studies, ideally in the Rail environment including a sound understanding of civil, structures and permanent way projects.
- Rail experience.
Likely Job Titles:
Project Manager, Project Leader, Programme Manager, Delivery Manager, Project Engineer
- £45,000 +