Project Manager - Rolling Stock
£400 - £500 per day
Are you an experienced Project Manager within the rolling stock industry who can systematically take control of major modification programmes and create logical and ordered project plans in a busy operational environment?
Ford & Stanley Interim are delighted to be working closely with a new Midlands based rail business that requires a contract project manager for a period of at least 6 months to deliver and execute a well defined project plan for major modification programme of rolling stock.
The primary requirement is for the individual to:
- Management of day to day activities and progress, managing the development of the project plan to ensure the plans are up to date, robust and reflect the current strategy
- Evaluating and identifying project risk, setting out mitigation and/or recovery plans as appropriate
- Develop and improve measures and KPI monitors, publish information to give visibility of the project to other members of the team and senior management
- Communicate strategy within the project team
- Prepare and publish project progress reports, executive reviews and metrics as required
- Chair regular project review meetings. Ensure issues of difficulty are properly discussed and actions allocated to individuals to close any identified actions. Minute these meetings and circulate action reports and outstanding action lists
- Facilitate communications, maintain project files and records
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience of rolling stock modification projects. They will be renowned for their systematic and communicative approach to delivering projects and be prepared to drive through joined up thinking.