£55,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager for an expanding rail organisation based in the East Midlands.
Our client specialises in engineering work on railway traction and rolling stock to ensure successful overhaul and maintenance solutions for their customers.
They are seeking a Project Manager to join their rapidly expanding team to support their mission in becoming customers’ first choice in fleet support and delivery.
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of project margin in line with budget. The role includes day to day management of project performance and experience will ensure customer requirements are met successfully.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting contractual terms and protecting the company from contractual harm or risk
- Serve as the communication point between the company and customer appointed contact concerning project execution terms for all contracts in progress.
- Hold team meetings to ensure team members are meeting project requirements.
- Actively participate to resolve issues and escalate to senior management team if required.
- Complete project definition, create all cost estimate, project schedule, risk assessment, and resource loading information for final review.
- Collaborates with project team members to report on project budget, actual, and forecast for both labour and material costs.
- Resource allocation and performance management
- Participate in commercial planning activities and engage in discussions to determine bid or no bid decision.
- Develop and formalize processes that meets or exceeds customer requirements for contract amendments.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced project manager with demonstrable project management qualifications from any engineering / civils discipline. As a driver for high standards and organisational accomplishment, you will work tenaciously to meet and exceed expectations, ensuring customer satisfaction is at the forefront of your objectives.
- APM / Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification
- 5+ years proposals and risk analysis
- 5+ years financial analysis and contract management
- Engineering / Civils background
- Degree in any discipline (preferred)
- CIPS Membership (preferred)
Likely Job Titles: Programme Manager, Project Delivery Manager
- £45,000 +