Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager (Birmingham)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Are you an experienced purchasing or supply chain professional looking for that next step in your career?
Ford and Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are searching for an ambitious individual to join a leading engineering business and play a significant part in the department’s, and wider organisationial growth.
This opportunity has arisen due to company success, expansion and internal promotion. This role will allow someone to have a good, wide range of responsibilities including supplier development, supplier management and contract management, along with managing and developing a small team. You will be encouraged to Identify supply chain risk and potential alternative sources and working towards long term supplier agreements. You will work closely with the Head of Supply Chain and take their responsibility’s on during times of absence.
- Sourcing of new products and services and the issuing of RFQ’s.
- Conduct competitive bid exercises to test pricing and sourcing strategies.
- Continual development of supply base.
- Address and Resolve commercial / performance issues with suppliers
- Support ongoing development of small procurement team.
- Introduce and develop best practice within the department.
- Support Head of supply Chain in the implementation and execution of the Supply Chain Strategy
- Identify and manage risk within the Supply Chain.
- Manage the Supply Chain KPI Dashboard by ensuring purchasing metrics are met by proactively identifying performance issues and driving effective plans to mitigate issues when they arise
- Take a proactive lead in resolving supplier related delivery issues
- Maintain supplier performance at an agreed level
- To achieve best cost for goods and services against agreed savings targets
- Key supplier engagement with LTA’s / Preferred supplier status
- Successful applicants will be MCIPS qualified with a strong background in a similar role, but maybe at a more junior level. You should have experience of working in more than one industry, although predominantly within engineering and / or manufacturing, and have a strong 'can-do' attitude. You will be comfortable negotiating and reviewing contracts and whilst capable of thinking strategically, also be keen to get 'stuck in' where appropriate. This position will grow and develop in due course, so you should show a good level of ambition and desire to improve, alongside direct man management experience.
- £45,000 +