£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you looking to work within an industry that employs in the region of 200,000 and a turnover of £18.4Bn across the UK?
Ford & Stanley Ltd, the specialists within the Rail & Manufacturing industries are currently seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Procurement Manager for a major client which has delivered significant revenue and profit growth over the past four years, positioning the firm as a market leader in its sector. Reporting to the Operations Director you will also work closely with the Projects Director.
- You will be responsible for all purchases within the company (current t/o c £10m), and the delivery of quality product in time and to cost - offering purchasing guidance and support to other business units within the company, e.g. new projects etc.
- Implement & plan to assure that orders meet specified quality and delivery times and minimise the total cost of purchases
- Mentor buyers and raise the profile and professionalism of the Procurement function
- Deliver year on year cost saving
- Work to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects
- Establish and maintain supplier base in India & Europe in conformance with guidance from Management
- Handle requests for information, quotations, proposals, and bidding processes
- Evaluate current and potential supply base in line with quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Negotiate with suppliers to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Work with the Buyers and Management to guarantee supply
- Establish and maintain rapport with all levels of supplier personnel and internal customers
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing
- Good knowledge of MRP, Bill of Materials and stock control as a minimum
- An Engineering background or experience in an engineering environment desired
- Managing staff
- Sourcing from China and India
Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer
- £35,000 - £45,000