Rolling Stock IT Specialist
£600 per day
Are you an IT Specialist with expert knowledge of Servers, Telecoms or Data within the Rolling Stock Sector looking for a fantastic opportunity to have an input of how technology will be used on new trains coming into service.
Ford and Stanley – the Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for a Rolling Stock IT Specialist to join their clients team in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will manage large scale and complicated multi-disciplinary detailed IT systems projects including cyber security implications, systems architecture and design for Electric (EMU) and Diesel (DMU) train systems and communications and data transfer on/off train to control centres from inception through to completion, delivering work that meets project requirements and company / customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- A self-starter with the ability to work under their own initiative and as part of a wider Transition Team.
- Ability to draw together individual project plans into an overall Rolling Stock IT Strategy Plan
- Relevant degree in engineering & design
- Understanding of the Bid/Mobilisation and transition of a TOC
- Passion for innovative technology and design
- Engaging style to work with key suppliers and culturally aware – Managing partners in Spain, Japan, Korea, Asia etc
- Extensive project focused knowledge within the rail & transport industry
- Sound understanding and experience in the application and operation of rolling stock fleet
- H&S legislation and corporate safety procedures in transport and rail
- Technically astute in design and requirements from train to track
- Demonstrable successful delivery of a design, with emphasis on multi-disciplinary and multi interface projects
- Preference for a member of the Association for Project Management and/or PRINCE 2 qualification. Knowledge of at least one discipline (Electrification, Diesel and Gauge clearance, Arch, C&S, M&E) and an ability to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams of designers and site/track side/depots investigation specialists and suppliers i.e. Network Rail, RDG, CAF, Bombardier, Siemens.
- IT/Technically astute in application and hardware server configuration, design and support
- £45,000 +