Senior Engineering Curriculum Leader - Track
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Permanent way / Track Engineering professional looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to impart your wealth of knowledge, training the next generation of Rail professionals that will ensure that the British railway will continue to flourish by helping to overcome the skill gap that is becoming prevalent in the industry.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Curriculum Leader who will have an emphasis on track/P-way related studies to join it prestigious client based in Doncaster. The college will take your wealth of experience, and give you industry leading training and qualifications to enhance your development to become a Industry leading teaching professional
Our client is a Prestigious FE college that is has been established to train the next generations of rail professionals. The college offers training courses that covers the whole rail industry, from Design and construction, all the way to maintenance and operations. As a further education college, the College will train learners from the age of 18 in Higher Apprenticeships and higher education programmes.
The college’s vision is to pioneer technical excellence, setting new standards for collaboration and diversity in what will be a major growth industry for the UK in future years.
Being involved at the beginning of this exciting journey for the college, they are able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with the College growing and evolving, providing excellent opportunities for career development and the scope to influence the future of the further education sector.
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning in the subject of track engineering and related rail topics’
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning
- To provide an outstanding learner environment which enables students to success beyond their expectations
- To ensure that the curriculum offer meets the needs of students, employers and stakeholders now and in the future
- To be responsible for the quality standard of teaching, learning and training within their work and the work of others under their supervision
- To develop effective and implement assessment strategies to motivate learners and raise achievement
- To implement strategies to achieve excellence in teaching, learning and assessment leading to an outstanding learner experience
- To provide programmes of study that meet individual student needs and progression aims
- Implement, manage and report on learner voice activities for courses leading to an outstanding learner experience
- To support the development of quality standards and assessment approaches for employed apprentices and learners who will spend at least three months in the workplace to ensure a high quality learning experience is delivered both in the college and the workplace
- A relevant qualification at Level 4 or above/degree level in Engineering
- Relevant industry experience
- A recognised Level 5 Teaching qualification such as Certificate in Education, PGCE or equivalent or willingness to obtain one within an agreed period of time (The cost of this will be covered by the college)
- Recognised Assessor/Verifier award or willingness to work towards this
- Member or Associate Member of a relevant Institution such as the Permanent Way Institution
- £35,000 - £45,000