Supplier Performance Manager
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you a quality driven manager who has proven experience in driving a culture of continuous improvement?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Supplier Performance Manager for a global rail organisation based in Newton Aycliffe who are working on the next generation of brand new high-speed trains.
As a Supplier Performance Manager, you will be implementing and managing all aspects of Supplier Quality Performance whilst supporting the manufacturing process to achieve on time delivery of trains. As part of the Supplier Quality team, you will play an essential part in shaping the new trains of the future, by overseeing and delivering high quality within a heavy manufacturing environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the required process and procedures to deliver effective supplier performance management including standard reporting and KPIs
- Work closely with the Supplier Development team to ensure an integrated approach to deliver Total Quality Management within the supply chain
- Quality control at goods in including measurement and incoming inspection feedback
- Ensure return to vendor processes operate smoothly and efficiently
- Support operations by ensuring fast resolution of supplier non-conformances including root cause analysis and long-term corrective actions
- Containment management: Internal containment activities within the factory and external containment actions with the suppliers
- Supporting Supplier development with recovery plans
- Lead the development and continued management of the supplier performance management process
- Lead supplier performance aspects of preferred supplier reviews
- Establish appropriate measures of performance and lead the analysis, review and reporting of the data to ensure appropriate improvement actions are delivered
- Lead, coordinate and report investigations and resolution of any Customer or Stakeholder Complaints
- Lead the development and delivery of required competencies of staff through appropriate training, education, coaching and mentoring
- Provide the team with the right processes, risk assessments, tools and facilities
- Manage the resources, workload and capacity to ensure parts of the correct quality are available for Production at the right time
As a designated leader and strong communicator, you will be confident in communicating at stakeholder level and champion a continuous improvement mentality within the team. In addition you will understand and work to levels of prioritisation
- Degree in any engineering discipline
- Supply Chain Management experience
- A high-performance culture with a drive for continuous improvement
- Extensive experience and proven delivery of high quality in a manufacturing environment
- Subject matter expertise in Quality Engineering tools and techniques
- The ability to conduct major failure investigations and lead multi-functional improvement activities
- Attention to detail and the determination on quality standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders at all levels within an organisation
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute and a Chartered Quality Professional.
Likely Job Titles: Supply Chain Manager, Supplier Improvement Manager
- Newton Aycliffe
- £45,000 +