Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (Birmingham)
£35,000 per annum
Are you a Developing SQA engineer looking for the next step in your career?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for an ambitious individual to join a leading engineering business and play a significant part in the departments and wider organisational growth.
This opportunity has arisen due to company success and expansion. This role will allow someone to have a good, wide range of responsibilities including sourcing of new and existing products, working closely with internal stakeholders and the supply base. You will work both direct and indirect suppliers across a range of commodities.
Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure integrity of NCR process
- Ensure returned parts are tracked and managed to minimise any delays to production
- Manage and measure supplier responsiveness to NCR’s
- Recoup all incurred costs from suppliers where identified
- Report supplier NCR trends and implement appropriate improvement plans with suppliers
- Carry out supplier assessment audits when required
- To carry out surveillance visit to suppliers
- To ensure integrity of Warrant /Spares process
- Liaise with depots, including customer on warranty/spares holding stocks
- Ensure returned warranty parts are tracked and managed
The Successful candidate with be an experienced SQA with a strong background in NCR, the role will require someone with excellent communication skills, who has past experience working with clients to ensure processes are being followed and that the quality of parts meet my clients standards and when needed, be able to challenge the status quo.
- Experience of SQA role activities
- Quantitative and analytical skills with excellent documentation and oral communications skills
- Experience of carrying out external audits with suppliers
- Experience of working with multi-level supplier chain
- Working knowledge of ISO9001
- Ability to support external audits
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
28th March 2018
Likely Job Titles: SQA, Supplier Quality Engineer, Warranty Engineer, Quality Engineer
- £35,000 - £45,000