Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you an experienced Quality/Warranty engineer who isn’t afraid to be tough on Supplier/Customers to ensure processes are being followed?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for an ambitious individual to join a leading engineering business and play a significant part in the departments and wider organisational growth.
To manage the Non-Conformance within the supply base and ensure close out in a timely manner. Ongoing development and improvement of supply base in relation to quality control and conforming parts supplied. To support site teams and customer through management of the warranty process and spares availability.
Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure integrity of NCR process
- Ensure returned parts are tracked and managed to minimise any delays to production
- Manage and measure supplier responsiveness to NCR’s
- Recoup all incurred costs from suppliers where identified
- Report supplier NCR trends and implement appropriate improvement plans with suppliers
- Carry out supplier assessment audits when required
- To carry out surveillance visit to suppliers
- To ensure integrity of Warranty / Spares process
- Liaise with depots, including customer on warranty / spares holding stocks
- Ensure returned warranty parts are tracked and managed
- Monthly reporting of NCR KPI’s
- Monthly reporting of reimbursed costs as result of NCR’s
- Reporting of outstanding warranty issues
- Warranty / Spares stock holding
The successful applicant will be experienced quality engineer with a strong background in route cause analyst and excellent supplier/ customer interaction experience. This role will be suited to a individual who isn’t afraid to say what needs to be said, and ensure that processes are put in place and more importantly followed.
- Experience of SQA role activities
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Quantitative and analytical skills with excellent documentation and oral communications skills
- Experience of carrying out external audits with suppliers
- Experience of working with multi-level supplier chain
- Working knowledge of ISO9001
- Ability to support external audits
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
Closing Date: 16th March 2018
- £35,000 - £45,000