Supplier Quality Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you looking for the an opportunity to take an active lead in the Supplier Quality activities across an established and expanding market leader in their field of Rail components?
Ford and Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within Rail Recruitment are working in partnership with a most prestigious component manufacturer to appoint a qualified and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer.
Due to continued growth the company have an impressive presence within the area - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential.
The role will be based at their site in Doncaster, although candidates residing in such locations as Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Chesterfield etc will find commuting a good proposition. Note: you will on occasions be visiting both suppliers and customers.
- Work with project teams & suppliers to ensure that purchased parts are delivered to the correct configuration and quality, correctly packaged, and in line with scheduled requirements.
- Carry out scheduled and new supplier audits to maintain supplier approvals in order to meet business demands, including the close-out of arising issues.
- Issue & follow-up of 8D rejections reports
- Maintenance of supplier rejection & issues records
- Development & implementation of corrective action plans with suppliers
- Proactive troubleshooting of supplier quality issues
- Proactive development Supplier Quality Control plans & Inspection plans
- Proactive technical liaison with supplier to solve quality concerns and continuously improve quality of supplied product
- Technical liaison with supplier to support FAI and Engineering change challenges
- Regular attendance at project meetings to take ownership of all SQA related issues
- Perform Goods Inwards Inspection on high risk components
- Provide reports & KPI’s as required to keep the project and SQA team informed of activities and issues
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated in an engineering discipline.
- ISO 9000 and process audit trained with a working knowledge of Quality systems,
- Structured Problem solving, SPC techniques and measurement methods,
- Experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment preferably involving Lean and 6 sigma Manufacturing applications.
- Proven track record of projects work, inc. dealing with third party suppliers
- Good communication and negotiation skill
We are looking to set up first interviews within the last week of June, with second interviews within a week following that. An offer to the successful applicant will be made within 3 days of second interview.
Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Supplier Engineer, Supplier Development Engineer
- £35,000 - £45,000