£27,000 - £32,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Technical Author for a global manufacturer in the construction and mining industry.
Ford & Stanley are delighted to be working with a world renown manufacturer who are looking for a Technical Author on a permanent full-time basis to be based at their site in Derby.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support an environment of continuous user safety by developing and producing operational and safety documentation for mobile crushing and screening equipment
- Support many functions- including aftermarket, sales, engineering, technical service and quality assurance
- Maintain accurate and up to date user documentation, ensuring the equipment is understood and operated safely and efficiently
- Writing/updating operation and maintenance manuals, implementing engineering changes into manuals, working with engineers, collating information to write procedures and technical bulletins
- Main contact and support for any questions relating to technical publications
- Responsible for communicating highly technical information, assess and develop existing documentation management processes to improve, streamline and reduce duplication
- Represent technical publications In product development meetings
The successful candidate will be a clear, affective communicator who has a high attention to detail with a background in technical authoring.
- Technical Author background
- Experience working with heavy machinery
- Relevant degree in mechanical engineering or demonstrable experience
- Previous experience working within a team to deliver technical documentation
- Experience with 3D image manipulation software and CAD packages
- Understanding of engineering models, drawings and mechanical components
- Experience using Adobe (Framework, Illustrator) & XML
Experience working with mobile crushing and screening equipment is highly desirable.
- £25,000 - £35,000