Technical Trainer and Competence Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you an engineering trainer/assessor looking for your next challenge within a developing and forward thinking organisation?
Ford and Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with an evolving rail business who require a Technical Trainer and Competency Manager to join their organisation. This position will be responsible for the development and delivery of all training for the engineering and maintenance staff.
Our client is about to take receipt of a new product and is already in the process of upgrading their current assets. Reporting to the engineering site Manager you will have responsibility for the training and development of around 65 engineering and maintenance staff. You will drive the skills transition that will be required to maintain the modernised system which will see step change in technology. At the same time you will bring best practice to managing the competence and skills required in our current workforce.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the competence management system for maintenance staff, conducting assessments and ensuring company adherence to legislative and industry standards requirements in this area
- Develop and deliver a plan of training for all engineering and maintenance staff
- Manage the engineering apprenticeship schemes for engineering and maintenance staff to ensure a supply of skilled, competent staff
- To monitor all internal and external training material to ensure the detail is correct and relevant to improve competency standards
- Manage the skills migration and transition to new technology associated with the procurement of new rolling stock, signalling and control systems
- Play a key role in working with the supplier to acquire the skills and knowledge required to deliver the technical training programme to appropriate staff
Ideal candidates will be experienced technical trainers, possibly with a technical engineering background, or at least a be able to interpret technical detail. You should have a training delivery qualification and a competence assessor qualification.
- £35,000 - £45,000