Track Access Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Contracts Manager who has the ability to lead a high-profile Train Operating Company’s (TOC) commercial and regulatory involvement with their client and the ORR in respect of the Track Access Agreements for a vast proportion of the North of England’s railway network?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for a Track Access Manager - someone who is commercially savvy and client facing – dealing with the likes of the SRA/DfT and PTEs is a huge part of this role, you will also need to have a keen eye for detail and be able to digest and bring together high-level information from various sources and deliver in a legible and informative format.
You will therefore have the opportunity to interface with numerous departments and create key relationships across various levels of the business to then report back into the Head of function with information/reports that feed directly into high level conversations and decisions – your tasks and responsibilities really matter to the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Negotiating with Network Rail and lead the industry process to ensure our client has all the correct access rights to run the relevant services required.
- Ensure that our clients commercial position is protected by managing all Track Access related claims.
- Represent our client at industry forums and shape industry policies utilising the attendance of these events.
- Work closely with the commercial and service planning teams and lead, prepare & present our clients case at dispute hearings.
- You will work with other departments on the strategic development of rail infrastructure enhancements to improve our client’s services.
- Attend industry meetings on behalf of our client.
- Three years or more of managing commercial contracts preferably access agreements.
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of a complex regulatory environment.
- A strong negotiator.
- Strong level of experience of report writing.
- The ability to build relationships at various levels.
- Experience of stakeholder management and being client facing.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Organisational /presentation and facilitation skills.
Likely Job Titles:
Contract Manager, Commercial Manager, Access Planning Manager, Customer Manager
- £45,000 +