£40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits
Ford & Stanley - the Rail Recruitment specialists are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Training Manager for a major client.
People development is a key element of developing culture. This role is responsible for ensuring that process used for competency management is adequate and being adhered to. The role will be required to work with Business Units to identify current and future operational training needs. The maintenance of a competent workforce is the main deliverable for this role.
- Competency management system compliance
- Development & implementation of enhancements for competency management systems
- Develop, implement, and monitor in house training and development programs within the company
- Manage the Apprenticeship Scheme, including;
- Act as line manager for all apprentices on site
- Lead the recruitment of apprentices in line with future business needs
- Manage the rotation of apprentices through the business
- Monitor apprentice training/development progression to ensure timely completion of apprenticeships
- Carry out annual appraisals on apprentices
- Liaise with HR on the Apprenticeship Levy scheme
- Validate training materials.
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations.
- Create testing and evaluation processes.
- Prepare and implement operational training budget.
- Evaluate needs of company and plan training programs accordingly, including ‘up-skilling’ staff via NVQ’s.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide performance feedback.
- Provide companies with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Manage team vocational training staff.
- Carry out Company general inductions for all new starters
- Develop the company induction process to provide a comprehensive and engaging experience to welcome staff to the company whilst ensuring all essential topics are covered.
- Operational competency developed and managed to maximise the potential of workforce, whilst ensuring that all legislative and customer standards and requirements are satisfied.
Other titles: Training Manager, Competency & Training Manager, Instructor
- £45,000 +