Turbine Design Engineer
£45,000 - £60,000
Ford & Stanley Ltd the Manufacturing Recruitment Specialists currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Turbine Design Specialist with a major established client.
An experienced Turbomachinery specialist is required to join our client and operate within a vibrant global market.
Based within the Engineering department you will be a member of a small team responsible for the aerodynamic and mechanical performance of the turbocharger products using proprietary and in-house developed software. You will be expected to liaise closely with the design, development and applications teams in the production of new and updated turbocharger designs.
The seniority of the position will depend on experience and qualifications but ideally you will be at specialist or group leader level - or ready to step into that position. For specialist or group leader position, past responsibilities for leading design groups, integrating aerodynamics with mechanical analysis, project management and general technology-leading roles will be considered.
Applications are also invited from those with less experience.
- Ability to translate customer requirements for mass flow, pressure ratio and efficiency into the aerodynamic design of centrifugal compressors, axial and radial inflow turbines and their surrounding static components
- You will work closely with colleagues responsible for mechanical analysis and be able to optimise designs accordingly
- Experience of aerodynamic turbomachinery analysis is essential
- Experience of designing compressors and turbines for industrial applications is preferred
- Experience of bearing design, matching of turbochargers and interpreting performance test results would be useful
- Experience of writing software for CFD/FEA meshing would be useful
- Experience of Ansys CFX would be useful
Other titles: Design Engineer, Thermofluids specialist, Compressor designer, Turbine Design Engineer
- £45,000 +