2nd Line Support Engineer (Bradford-on-Avon)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an experienced IT Support professional? looking for an opportunity to join one of the largest technology companies in the world in a challenging and rewarding IT Support Role
Ford and Stanley – the digital specialists are looking to recruit a 2nd line support engineer to join their client based in Bradford on Avon
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to staff to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues, both in-person and remotely
- Actively monitor our IT hardware, network, servers and systems for faults, as part of a regular preventative maintenance routine, to ensure our IT solutions continue to run efficiently and remain fit for purpose.
- Manage correct access levels to our files and systems in line with business requirements
- Manage the IP risk to the business ensuring internal processes are adhered to and IT usage is monitored
- Performing routine server backs up, for example rotating back up hard drives and scheduling server re-starts.
- Identifying and coordinating software updates.
- Manage and administer user accounts including new starters and leavers
- Source, order, install, configure and maintain additions to the internal IT infrastructure, both software and hardware.
- Administer, support and maintain web-based externally hosted infrastructure and solutions.
- Administer and maintain the Telecoms infrastructure
- Maintain IT procedures (SOPs) and IT documentation and ensure individual user compliance
- Previous experience of working in an IT Support environment
- Hands-on experience of working with PCs and servers (Microsoft and Linux), including their configuration
- Experience of VM Ware server creation and virtual server concepts
- Awareness of Active Directory and its use through Microsoft
- Awareness of networking concepts and configuration such as VLAN
- Experience of working with switches and routers, especially Cisco
- Willingness and confidence to take on a variety of tasks required to keep the business running and support the user community
- Able to work well and think clearly under pressure
- Technical skills balanced with business and application awareness
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for the successful completion of tasks and projects
- Team player, able to communicate and cooperate with the IT team and wider business
- £25,000 - £35,000