Account Manager - Leasing (London)
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you a strong communicator with a natural and inquisitive mindset who wants to pursue a career within account management?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are pleased to be supporting one of the UK's Rail Leasing businesses in securing a Customer Account Manager to join their Commercial team in maintaining the company’s current brand within the market.
Our client is an innovative rail leasing company who are seeking to grow and modernise the rail sector with the introduction of new products and technologies within the market. As such they are seeking an experienced customer account/sales focused individual to be the interface between its customers, which can range from smaller to larger accounts. It will be your responsibility from an operational viewpoint to manage the lease of assets and communications with our customers and identifying opportunities to capitalise customer accounts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the relationship between the client and their customers ranging from senior and executive levels including Engineering, Commercial and Finance Directors as well as their teams.
- Coordinate and lead communication, bringing in relevant expertise from the operational, legal or finance teams where required.
- Lead and coordinate lease negotiations.
- Manage leases, ensuring the company’s trains are operated in accordance with the terms of the lease contract.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of Lease Annual Reviews where we review the whole life cost of our trains and where applicable update maintenance rents.
- Ensure accurate and timely revenue collection.
- Identify opportunities with their customers to increase revenue through new business or lease contract extensions.
- Support franchise bids. Provide customer insight to inform the development of franchise bids and coordinate the client’s bid team to ensure high quality and timely responses to customers.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate individual who has the ability to be a self-starter and can fully immerse themselves in a career within rail. Ideally you will come from the transportation industry so that you have a current appreciation and interest in how this sector works. As you will have a varied client base, you need to have a “customer first approach” in which you can enthusiastically maintain and capitalise on existing relationships to promote the company and your own brand.
It is imperative that you are a credible figure within the company as you will be responsible for ensuring the reputation of the business is always maintained positively. Therefore, you will need to be able to be a confident speaker, interacting at all levels across different business areas.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Relevant experience in account or relationship management.
- Negotiation of multi-million-pound contracts with significant technical and commercial issues.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to prioritise competing workloads.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and commercial acumen.
- Team player with the ability to bring different departments and views together to deliver a positive outcome for the customers.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, communication and influencing skills
6th December 2019
Likely Job Titles
Customer Relationship Manager, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Account Executive, Senior Account Manager
- £45,000 +