Applications Engineer (England)
£37,000 - £40,000 per annum (car allowance plus annual bonus)
Are you an experienced Applications engineer in a civil engineering or manufacturing industry who would like to utilise your current skill set to work within the thriving, growing rail sector on complex rail projects around the UK and Europe?
You will have the opportunity to join our established team and deliver servo hydraulic drive solutions for manufacturing machinery, automation and test systems. You will need previous experience delivering high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction. You will be working for a growing rail company who are at the cutting edge of high-quality products with a turnover €4.2 billion and locations across 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
Home based – Including travel throughout the UK.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive technical support for customer applications from enquiry through to acceptance
- Aid in the implementation of the company’s plan to attract and expand new and existing business.
- Review technical and commercial project specifications to determine equipment selection.
- Prepare and participate in product presentations to new and existing customers.
- Provide quotations and participate in technical and commercial negotiation of orders.
- Manage projects and provide customers with on- going technical support
- Analysing competing technology offerings and activity
The ideal candidate must be able to travel throughout the UK with occasional European travel. They must have experience of Servo drive systems and you must possess excellent customer service skills to build and maintain long- term customers relationships
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position within an engineering or manufacturing background.
- Previous experience of using applications of servo drive systems.
- A good understanding of operating requirements in the servo drives industry.
- Understanding of machine programming.
- £35,000 - £45,000