Assistant Accountant (Bradford-on-Avon)
£130 - £165 per day
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Rail Recruitment specialists are seeking an Assistant Accountant to support our Rail client.
This is an excellent opportunity to support a thriving digital rail business that is leading the way bringing the UK's rail infrastructure into the 21st century.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your aim will be to assist with the production of accounts.
Bradford on Avon
Role and Responsibilities
- Aged debtor reporting.
- Value Added Tax.
- Audit support (internal and external).
- Bank payments; bank reconciliation; cash flow forecast reporting.
- Charge card and Concur administrator; expenses processing.
- Flexible benefits.
- Prepayments and accruals.
- Purchase ledger input, control and supplier statement confirmation.
- Sales invoicing and pro-active credit control.
- Stock count and related journal.
- Fixed assets.
- Contract invoicing, accounting and reporting (support).
- Audit person for Network Rail cost validation (support).
- Excel and Sage expert for Finance (support).
Achieving success in the role will be indicated by performance on tasks such as:
- Adherence to the Business Management System
- Automate routine tasks (with support from Finance Manager)
- Be safety net to ensure correct GL account postings
- Become the Sage report expert (support)
- Look at streamlining the day-to-day Finance processes.
- Review Concur process, including discussions with Hitachi Europe.
- Support the improvement of the inter-company balance reconciliation.
- Ability to be the ‘go to person’ for routine Finance tasks (support)
- Ability to explain to non-Finance employees, key financial information
- Ability to offer good intelligent advice to management about accounting related issues
- Ability to take on ad hoc improvement/analysis projects, whilst maintaining their day job
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to:
- verify the numbers
- look beneath the numbers and constructively challenge
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Good excel skills (SUMIFS, INDEX/MATCH, VLOOKUP etc), with the desire to learn new formulas