Assistant Accountant (Wiltshire)
£15 - £22 per hour
Are you a experienced Assistant Account looking for a new opportunity to work with a highly regarded engineering company that is part of one of the largest technology companies in the world. My client is looking for candidate to join them on a 6 month contract initially, to work in thier office in Wiltshire.
The aim of this role is to assist the Finance Manager with the production of accounts, to do this the ideal candidate will have excellent expereince of Sage 50 and Excel, along with exellent communication skills. You will be joining a small but high performing Finance team so a being a Team player is important.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Aged debtor reporting.
- All aspects, relating to Value Added Tax.
- Audit support (internal and external).
- Bank payments; bank reconciliation; cash flow forecast reporting.
- Charge card and Concur administrator; expenses processing.
- Flexible benefits.
- Prepayments and accruals.
- Purchase ledger input, control and supplier statement confirmation.
- Sales invoicing and pro-active credit control.
- Stock count and related journal.
- Fixed assets.
- Excel and Sage expert for Finance.
- Procurement process support.
- Automate routine tasks (with support from Finance Manager)
- Be safety net to ensure correct GL account postings
- Become the Sage report expert
- Create company card expense policy.
- Create work instructions for your area.
- Look at streamlining the day-to-day Finance processes.
- Support the creation of a travel and subsistence policy.
- Support the drafting of a Master Service Agreement.
- Support the implementation of procure-to-pay system.
- Support the improvement of the inter-company balance reconciliation.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills, as the company grows.
- Ability to be the ‘go to person’ for routine Finance tasks.
- Ability to explain to non-Finance employees, key financial information in layman’s terms.
- Ability to offer good intelligent advice to management about accounting related issues.
- Ability to take on ad hoc improvement/analysis projects, whilst maintaining their day job.
- Constructive, but inquisitive nature essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
Excellent ability to
- verify the numbers.
- look beneath the numbers and constructively challenge.
- provide feedback and.
- coach employees about best practice.
- Good working knowledge of Sage.
- Open minded, positive, can do
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Promote Finance as a positive, professional and friendly department.
- Very good Excel skills, with the desire to learn new formulas, modelling and macros.