Assistant Company Secretary (London)
£250 - £320 per day
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a well-established British Standards Board who are seeking an Assistant Company Secretary to join their London based office.
This is a fantastic contract opportunity to work for a leading Rail Standards organisation, you will be responsible for the day to day operational support of the business.
6 months approx (cover whilst a permanent employee is appointed)
Role & responsibilities
- Provide proactive support to the Boards and Committee chairpersons and determine meeting arrangements such as preparation of papers, forward planners and agendas in order for the company to meet its statutory and governance requirements. In addition, managing the internal processes necessary to provide agenda papers (where required) and other related documentation to Board and Committee Meetings.
- Provide ongoing accurate information and apply excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the highest level, to the board directors, chairpersons, the Leadership Teams and senior external stakeholders and member company contacts in order for them to fulfil their roles effectively.
- Notifying members of Board approved decisions and resolutions in accordance with the Constitution and related documents. Management of governance information, including ensuring relevant sections of the website are clear, accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring minutes, director contracts, member accession agreements and other relevant contracts are appropriately signed and securely filed and kept up to date. Managing and maintaining the Company Secretariat filing system. Ensuring that the relevant registers are maintained and kept up to date such as the PSC register, the conflicts of interests register and the gifts and hospitality register.
- Supporting the Company Secretary in fulfilling their role, and alerting them to any pressing statutory / Governance issues and providing support on ad-hoc matters in an accurate and timely manner. This includes making arrangements for Board events, Board induction sessions and strategic workshops, Board and committee evaluations and the like. Deputising for the Company Secretary as necessary.
- Gathering information required for the Annual Report. Assisting the Company Secretary with the drafting of relevant sections of the Annual Report, such as the Governance Section and the Directors’ Report.
- Routine and ad-hoc membership support on governance related issues such as board approvals, franchise changes, constitutional matters including calculation of levies, management of the Members Register and published information on the company website.
- Ensuring all statutory filings are prepared and submitted at Companies House.
- Managing the appointment process for new non-executive board directors including drafting Terms of Appointment, disqualifying interests, monitoring the contract experations, liaising with members regarding industry appointments and re-appointments, the induction process, emoluments and annual review thereof, registrations with Companies House and ensuring information on the company website is current.
The ideal candidate will be ICSA/part qualified with relevant Company Secretarial experience. You will have thorough knowledge of Companies Act 2006 (CA2006). You will be available immediately /have a short notice period.
- Relevant and practical Company Secretarial experience.
- A thorough knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 (“CA2006”) including ability to research and provide advice on various procedural and other aspects of the CA2006 and corporate governance matters to the Company Secretary
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communicator
- ICSA qualification / part qualification
- Rail standards experience/knowledge